Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: What's Your Cellphone Ringtone?
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Shoot The Breeze
Pages: 1, 2
Gnappster
There is a ringtone available to suit most every interest and taste.
So what's your ringtone right now?

I just changed mine from the Dukes of Hazzard themesong to Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones.
diane26
I need to change mine but it is I'm Sprung and I dont remember who sings it. I have voicemail set to Gold Digger from Kayne west and Walkie Talkie mode set to My Humps havent cahnged it in months.
jrock8
i actually hate ringtones... i hate being somewhere and hearing someone's phone go off and it's just playing some dumb song...

what happened to the good ole' days when phones sounded like phones? lol
Gnappster
QUOTE(jrock8 @ Jan 25 2006, 06:54 PM)
i actually hate ringtones... i hate being somewhere and hearing someone's phone go off and it's just playing some dumb song...

funny you should mention that, when i first got my phone, the ring I wanted was an old fashioned telephone ring, like the kind that actually has a bell inside the phone. But they didn't have that, so I buckled like a belt and downloaded stuff instead.

plus, my phone NEVER plays "some dumb song". nah.gif
jrock8
my old phone had the old-time "bell ringing" sound to it...

my current one sounds digital, but it's still just a standard "ring"
Gnappster
i just found out I they have the old fashioned phone ring now, but it's $3.00!? I'll stick to the ramones.
diane26
QUOTE(jrock8 @ Jan 25 2006, 03:54 PM)

My phone is on vibrate when I am somewhere like eating or school or something so it wasn't me.
evade20
QUOTE(diane26 @ Jan 25 2006, 08:38 PM)
My phone is on vibrate when I am somewhere like eating or school or something so it wasn't me.

Where do you put it when it vibrates? laughing-smiley-014.gif laughing-smiley-014.gif laughing-smiley-014.gif

I know that's bad...Time for a beating smilio12.gif

Mine is set for "Ode to Joy." My previous cell was set for "The Sailor's Hornpipe" (i.e. the theme to Popeye the Sailor). In both cases they were preloaded tunes. Most of the time my cell phone is off!
Narazbad
right now its set to uhhh.....Cat Scratch Fever by Ted Nugent.

been Mudvayne and Mushroomhead and a few others for a while so decided its time for some classic rock. i got Dont Fear the Reaper by BOC on there too....biggrin.gif
Ratt
My phone comes standard with the old telephone ring. I have a Nokia 6060 and I just use the ringtones that came with it - at the moment it is set to "Espionage".
johnny wadd
I have a nextel and most of the conversing is walkie talkie so it just make the beep noise.Last summer I had Scarface saying "say hello to my little friend"I was waiting on line in home depot in a bad neighborhood and two dominican kids in there 20's were in front of me.I got two calls and both times one guy almost hit the floor,he couldnt help it.I almost pee'd my pants.I guess he was alittle nervous about something and Scarface yelling a foot behind him wasnt helping his situation.
CaramelTits
Its a Instrumental Jazz tune...I like its mellow. tongue.gif
Avvilimento
I downloaded the official Sierra MIDI of the VGA remake of Leisure Suit Larry 1, chopped some of the beginning out, and uploaded that - works well since it starts unintrusive, and builds up quick if I don't hear it straight up.

I also have the "Bueller.... Bueller...." bit from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, but I mostly have that 'cause my brother wanted it, used to use the music from level one of Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, as well as having the Boss music from FFVII for my supervisors, and Robotnic's theme from Sonic 2 for my Manager. My phone is loaded tongue.gif

-Jak
bondiguy
QUOTE(Ratt @ Jan 26 2006, 03:17 AM)
My phone comes standard with the old telephone ring. I have a Nokia 6060 and I just use the ringtones that came with it - at the moment it is set to "Espionage".

sorry but I HATE that ringtone haha!

I change mine frequently but at the moment it is "Oh Yeah" by an Aussie band called End of Fashion
diane26
I have nextel to and I HATE THE WALKIT TALKIE THING. Mainly cause my husband is an idiot with it. I will be out to lunch or appointment or something and he will know this and my purse starts talking. Everyone looks at me I hate talking on the 2 way when people are around in the car its fine.

His forums he goes to though him and all his buds have it so I had to get him the nationwide unlimited thing cause they 2 way eatchother all day.
Gnappster
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Jan 26 2006, 12:29 AM)
i got Dont Fear the Reaper by BOC on there too....biggrin.gif

there's just one problem.....needs more cowbell laughing-smiley-017.gif

QUOTE(Avvilimento @ Jan 26 2006, 06:20 AM)
I downloaded the official Sierra MIDI of the VGA remake of Leisure Suit Larry 1, chopped some of the beginning out, and uploaded that - works well since it starts unintrusive, and builds up quick if I don't hear it straight up.
-Jak

that's sweet. I used to LOVE those games. I remember finishing the first LSL game at the ripe old age of 13 lol.

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Jan 26 2006, 07:47 AM)
sorry but I HATE that ringtone haha!

I change mine frequently but at the moment it is "Oh Yeah" by an Aussie band called End of Fashion

as in Duffman's Theme Song?
jrock8
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jan 26 2006, 02:38 PM)
there's just one problem.....needs more cowbell  laughing-smiley-017.gif

hey gnappy... i got a fe-vah!
Gnappster
QUOTE(jrock8 @ Jan 26 2006, 03:57 PM)
hey gnappy... i got a fe-vah!

And the only prescription... is more cowbell!
girlie_girl
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jan 25 2006, 06:32 PM)
There is a ringtone available to suit most every interest and taste.
So what's your ringtone right now?

I just changed mine from the Dukes of Hazzard themesong to Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones.

my phone plays mp3's, currently it is the chorus to "like we never loved at all" before that it was the chorus to "redneck woman" tongue.gif
ontippytoes
Mine is "Wherever I may Roam" -- Metallica.
Imagirlwatcher
"The Final Countdown" by Europe. Jealous?

Doo-doo doo doooo, doo-doo doo doo doo...
ontippytoes
QUOTE(Imagirlwatcher @ Jan 26 2006, 08:38 PM)
"The Final Countdown" by Europe. Jealous?

Doo-doo doo doooo, doo-doo doo doo doo...

Great...now I've got that song in my head.
Scoundrel_SF
I got mine set to make the standard ringing sound. Whenever I put songs on my phone it just confuses me (I don't realize that I'm ringing, then feel like a retard when, after I've already missed the call, I realize my phone was going off).
ontippytoes
QUOTE(Scoundrel_SF @ Jan 26 2006, 08:54 PM)
I got mine set to make the standard ringing sound. Whenever I put songs on my phone it just confuses me (I don't realize that I'm ringing, then feel like a retard when, after I've already missed the call, I realize my phone was going off).

Maybe I'm just tired but your explanation of why yours is set to standard ringing cracked me up.
Scoundrel_SF
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Jan 26 2006, 08:56 PM)
Maybe I'm just tired but your explanation of why yours is set to standard ringing cracked me up.

LOL What can I say? I'm retarded tongue.gif
ontippytoes
QUOTE(Scoundrel_SF @ Jan 26 2006, 09:03 PM)
LOL What can I say? I'm retarded tongue.gif

popc1.gif OK, more stories, pleeeeaaaaseeeee.
Scoundrel_SF
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Jan 26 2006, 09:07 PM)
popc1.gif  OK, more stories, pleeeeaaaaseeeee.

I got stories for days! But...

I'm about to step out the door to go meet up with a few coworkers of mine for some laughs and libations (you like my fancy word for alchoholic beverages?tongue.gif).

Anyway, we'll definitely have to continue our conversation about ringtones and pubic hair (and how the two affect one another) another time.

Scoundrel
ontippytoes
QUOTE(Scoundrel_SF @ Jan 26 2006, 09:11 PM)
I got stories for days! But...

I'm about to step out the door to go meet up with a few coworkers of mine for some laughs and libations (you like my fancy word for alchoholic beverages?tongue.gif).

Anyway, we'll definitely have to continue our conversation about ringtones and pubic hair (and how the two affect one another) another time.

Scoundrel

Yeah, fancy word. Have a few for me. food-smiley-004.gif
Avvilimento
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jan 27 2006, 05:38 AM)

Duffman's theme-song is also called "Oh Yeah", but it's by a band called Yello. I'm the only guy I know who can sing along to it at the right pitch without the use of a DSP biggrin.gif

-Jak
Gnappster
QUOTE(Avvilimento @ Jan 27 2006, 10:02 AM)
Duffman's theme-song is also called "Oh Yeah", but it's by a band called Yello.  I'm the only guy I know who can sing along to it at the right pitch without the use of a DSP biggrin.gif

-Jak

your a man of endless talents lol

btw, how did you get the LSL theme on your phone, is there a website you can upload it to then dl to your phone? and more importantly, is it free?
Boobluver2
I have several. For business I use normal ring-tones, the office has a distinct ring tone. But for friends I have Jimmy Buffett's "Wasted Away Again In Margaritaville" and for my kids I have Joe Satriani's "Always With You Always With Me." For old friends I have the Allman Bros' "Where It All Began." party-smiley-048.gif
evade20
QUOTE(Scoundrel_SF @ Jan 26 2006, 09:11 PM)
... we'll definitely have to continue our conversation about ringtones and pubic hair (and how the two affect one another) another time.

unsure.gif Don't try to take that line out of context and figure it out with out coffee or a few "good liibations." coz.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
food-smiley-021.gif
7mary3
Being the 80's throw back that I am my ring tone is the theme music to "The A-Team."
Avvilimento
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jan 28 2006, 02:27 AM)
btw, how did you get the LSL theme on your phone, is there a website you can upload it to then dl to your phone? and more importantly, is it free?

LSL1 VGA MIDI: free
Bluetooth dongle to upload it: AU$60
Stuffing around with trying to find a decent MIDI program to cut three phrases off the begininning so it "gained up" faster: frustrating as hell.

If you want, I could send you the MIDI - modified and original - or you could just grab it from Al Lowe's web-site, or one of the numerous Sierra/LSL fansites out there.

As far as a website you could upload it to, then subsequently download it from, I haven't a clue... I do my stuff directly between my PC and my phone.

-Jak
Gnappster
QUOTE(Avvilimento @ Jan 28 2006, 05:28 AM)
LSL1 VGA MIDI: free
Bluetooth dongle to upload it: AU$60
Stuffing around with trying to find a decent MIDI program to cut three phrases off the begininning so it "gained up" faster: frustrating as hell.

If you want, I could send you the MIDI - modified and original - or you could just grab it from Al Lowe's web-site, or one of the numerous Sierra/LSL fansites out there.

As far as a website you could upload it to, then subsequently download it from, I haven't a clue... I do my stuff directly between my PC and my phone.

-Jak

yeah I can handle getting and editing the clips, it's the uploading part i was looking at, but I don't want to dish out money for a dongle. heheheheh, I said dongle.
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jan 26 2006, 03:38 PM)

NO... but I guess its apt! haha
boanna
who dug up this thread?

mine - for mr boanna, if he calls me or texts me or voice mess. me, i hear a real live jackass.

anyone else, i hear the theme song from deliverance (dueling banjos)
Gnappster
QUOTE(boanna @ Jun 20 2006, 02:43 PM)
who dug up this thread?

mine - for mr boanna, if he calls me or texts me or voice mess. me, i hear a real live jackass.

cool

my new one is the A-Team theme song.

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire the A-Team....eh-eh-eh-eh-eh"<----machine gun sounds
evade20
QUOTE(boanna @ Jun 20 2006, 04:43 PM)
who dug up this thread?

Mostly digging up this thread made me miss 'ontippytoes'. I wish she would come back. sad.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(7mary3 @ Jan 28 2006, 02:15 AM)
Being the 80's throw back that I am my ring tone is the theme music to "The A-Team."

cool, I just read that now...I swear I didn't steal your idea, but it IS a damn good ringtone!
Bobaloo
A group called They Might Be Giants have a song called minimum wage. the song is about 1 minute long, and the only words sung, which only happens one time, are the words minimum wage. I have the beginning of that song set up as my ringer for when work calls and also when my dad calls from his cell (he's my boss). It makes me laugh every time.
Just Hangin
Well as for ringtones
If Foxy calls it's Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Business call it's Girls Girls Girls -Motley Crew
and if its a call from home AC/DC TNT
foxy lady
QUOTE(Just Hangin @ Jul 6 2006, 03:54 PM)
Well as for ringtones
If Foxy calls it's Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Business call it's Girls Girls Girls -Motley Crew
and if its a call from home  AC/DC  TNT

Bet I know why you don't have Pink Floyd ~ Comfortably Numb playing when I call nah.gif
Vlad
Mine used to be the protoman theme from MegaMan.
But I switched it to tantic - live your life.

And a few ladies have their own custom ringtone.
Cutie_Pie
QUOTE(Vlad @ Jul 6 2006, 08:30 PM)
Mine used to be the protoman theme from MegaMan.
But I switched it to tantic - live your life.

And a few ladies have their own custom ringtone.

smilio05.gif love-smiley-077.gif
Just Hangin
QUOTE(foxy lady @ Jul 6 2006, 09:07 PM)
Bet I know why you don't have Pink Floyd ~ Comfortably Numb playing when I call nah.gif

That song would be useless to me with you on the other end of the phone as it is
the greatest song in the world to get a quality blow job too... 11.gif

Wouldn't you agree confused-smiley-013.gif
foxy lady
QUOTE(Just Hangin @ Jul 7 2006, 11:10 AM)
That song would be useless to me with you on the other end of the phone as it is
the greatest song in the world to get a quality blow job too... 11.gif
Wouldn't you agree confused-smiley-013.gif

ohmy.gif So you're saying that's the only time I give quality head dry.gif

Can you say "In the doghouse now" smilio04.gif
evade20
QUOTE(foxy lady @ Jul 7 2006, 09:09 PM)
ohmy.gif  So you're saying that's the only time I give quality head dry.gif

Can you say "In the doghouse now" smilio04.gif

Isn't that a country "novelty" hit?..."I'm in the Dog House Now"

laughing-smiley-014.gif
foxy lady
QUOTE(evade20 @ Jul 8 2006, 01:52 PM)
Isn't that a country "novelty" hit?..."I'm in the Dog House Now"
laughing-smiley-014.gif

We could make it Hangin's theme song tongue.gif

j/k hunny bunny nah.gif
Christof
The Osmonds - Crazy Horses
Partly cos its got a quality start so makes a good ringtone before it cuts off and repeats, and partly because its the last thing people expect to hear as a ringtone from someone like me
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.