Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Clicking Attached Thumbnails
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Site Help and Information
paybarraman
Anyone else been seeing this? I've been seeing it for a LONG time now, but only now am asking about it.

You click on an attached thumbnail in a board post or a PM usually a pic attached to a post) and instead of getting the pic opened in another browser window enlarged, you get only a window or tab opened that's full of code like this. I've experienced this on multiple computers with various browsers.

Thoughts......... ideas?

[attachmentid=127939]
evade20
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Apr 29 2013, 04:27 AM)
Anyone else been seeing this?  I've been seeing it for a LONG time now, but only now am asking about it.

You click on an attached thumbnail in a board post or a PM usually a pic attached to a post) and instead of getting the pic opened in another browser window enlarged, you get only a window or tab opened that's full of code like this.  I've experienced this on multiple computers with various browsers.

Thoughts......... ideas?
[attachmentid=127939]

Something is rotten in Denmark! coz.gif confused-smiley-013.gif ph34r.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
paybarraman
Does that mean you have the experience or are just being a nutbag?
evade20
QUOTE(evade20 @ Apr 29 2013, 06:20 AM)

I have had such experiences before but not on RMM. It is usually when I try to open something that doesn't have a corresponding program on my computer...such as something saved on a Mac. I work almost totally with PCs.

confused-smiley-013.gif

5thattempt
QUOTE(evade20 @ Apr 30 2013, 11:25 AM)
I have had such experiences before but not on RMM.  It is usually when I try to open something that doesn't have a corresponding program on my computer...such as something saved on a Mac.  I work almost totally with PCs.

confused-smiley-013.gif

Its a browser compatibility issue. I use Chrome and get something similar. Use IE and you will be fine.
FreakyShinnizle
QUOTE(5thattempt @ May 3 2013, 08:56 AM)
Its a browser compatibility issue. I use Chrome and get something similar. Use IE and you will be fine.

Dude is right. It seems to only work in IE. I tried in in Firefox, Safari and Chrome, but none work.

Pay:
If you use Firefox, I suggest you download and install the "IE View" extension, and then in the Add-on Options, in the "Always-in-IE sites" section, put those two:
http://www.ratemymelons.com/chat/index.php...h&type=post&id=
http://www.ratemymelons.com/chat/index.php...ch&type=msg&id=

That way, if you click on a thumbnail image from either a post on the message board (first link), or a private message (second link), it will always open it in IE. Saves you the time to open IE, then copy/paste the URL. I've been using it for a while now and find it pretty convenient.

EDIT: Okay, the boards automatically shortens URLs after a post, so if you want the full links, just quote my post, and you'll see them in full.
evade20
QUOTE(FreakyShinnizle @ May 8 2013, 08:42 AM)
Dude is right. It seems to only work in IE. I tried in in Firefox, Safari and Chrome, but none work.

Pay:
If you use Firefox, I suggest you download and install the "IE View" extension, and then in the Add-on Options, in the "Always-in-IE sites" section, put those two:
http://www.ratemymelons.com/chat/index.php...h&type=post&id=
http://www.ratemymelons.com/chat/index.php...ch&type=msg&id=

That way, if you click on a thumbnail image from either a post on the message board (first link), or a private message (second link), it will always open it in IE. Saves you the time to open IE, then copy/paste the URL. I've been using it for a while now and find it pretty convenient.

EDIT: Okay, the boards automatically shortens URLs after a post, so if you want the full links, just quote my post, and you'll see them in full.

grinning-smiley-003.gif
kmc1994
QUOTE(evade20 @ May 8 2013, 10:16 PM)
grinning-smiley-003.gif

My pics won't attach when replying to pm's. Anyone know what that is?
evade20
QUOTE(kmc1994 @ Jun 25 2013, 06:42 PM)
My pics won't attach when replying to pm's. Anyone know what that is?

Your pics may be too large. I think you limited to 350mb
kmc1994
They're small files, way under 1mb each. It's odd, because I was able to send these before.
evade20
QUOTE(kmc1994 @ Jun 26 2013, 12:57 AM)
They're small files, way under 1mb each. It's odd, because I was able to send these before.

confused-smiley-013.gif coz.gif Don't know what to tell you.... sad.gif
kmc1994
QUOTE(evade20 @ Jun 26 2013, 01:19 AM)
confused-smiley-013.gif  coz.gif  Don't know what to tell you.... sad.gif

Sigh, thanks anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.