Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: So>>>
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Site Help and Information
Lynette
So why can't I post pitures all of a sudden?
mtnguy75
QUOTE(Lynette @ Oct 20 2010, 07:47 PM)

Well it looks like theyve had some issues on here, notice how the boards are all screwed up and the rating page is missing like a month worth of pics??
evade20
QUOTE(Lynette @ Oct 20 2010, 09:47 PM)

Like the board crashed!!!! coz.gif
evade20
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 20 2010, 10:02 PM)
Like the board crashed!!!!    coz.gif

Could be why my post count is down by about one hundred posts....too. unsure.gif Whatever, Glad to see RMM up and running again.
johnfreak
The server was deleted, this is a backup from a month ago. There was an attack on our web server hosting company and they lost over 1,000 servers at the same time. So they were faced with having to format drives, install new OS's on all 1000 servers, then restore from encrypted & compressed backups of 1000 servers copied over to the drives which will take them months with 20 guys working 24/7.

So we bailed on em after they stringed us along for days with "we'll have you backup shortly" and setup at a new place but lost 1 month of data.

That's the official story. You might have noticed your fave tube site disappeared too, that's the same company.
johnfreak
uploads to the board is fixed, main melon pic upload still fucked.
ddd35
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Oct 20 2010, 09:30 PM)
uploads to the board is fixed, main melon pic upload still fucked.

Thanks John
allnaturalguy
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Oct 20 2010, 10:16 PM)
The server was deleted, this is a backup from a month ago.  There was an attack on our web server hosting company and they lost over 1,000 servers at the same time.  So they were faced with having to format drives, install new OS's on all 1000 servers, then restore from encrypted & compressed backups of 1000 servers copied over to the drives which will take them months with 20 guys working 24/7.

So we bailed on em after they stringed us along for days with "we'll have you backup shortly"  and setup at a new place but lost 1 month of data.
That's the official story.  You might have noticed your fave tube site disappeared too, that's the same company.

John, is there any way to find out where the attacks originated, or is it too late for that?
UncleBuck
Great to see the site back up and running!! went thru a little bit of withdrawal there for a few days..... but I am okay now I thinks silvio.gif silvio.gif

food-smiley-004.gif to all the rmm'rs
johnfreak
QUOTE(allnaturalguy @ Oct 21 2010, 10:22 PM)
John, is there any way to find out where the attacks originated, or is it too late for that?

The FBI is on it now.
evade20
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Oct 21 2010, 10:57 PM)
The FBI is on it now.

laughing-smiley-014.gif
ddd35
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Oct 21 2010, 08:57 PM)
The FBI is on it now.

Okay maybe they can get Detective friday on the Job !!! tongue.gif
johnfreak
Seriously they are, over 1000 server were deleted an entire network was taken down, loses are in the 8 figure range, the FBI is on it.
UncleBuck
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Oct 23 2010, 10:18 PM)
Seriously they are, over 1000 server were deleted an entire network was taken down, loses are in the 8 figure range, the FBI is on it.

Someboby's going to be in ttroooouble!
by the way where were you evade at the time this all went down ph34r.gif
evade20
QUOTE(UncleBuck @ Oct 24 2010, 10:15 AM)
Someboby's going to be in ttroooouble!
by the way where were you evade at the time this all went down  ph34r.gif

Kidnapping Chickie so she wouldn't leave us! ph34r.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
allnaturalguy
QUOTE(evade20 @ Nov 3 2010, 06:08 PM)
Kidnapping Chickie so she wouldn't leave us!    ph34r.gif  laughing-smiley-017.gif

I wondered how the hell chickie escaped from my dungeon. action-smiley-047.gif
evade20
QUOTE(allnaturalguy @ Nov 3 2010, 06:24 PM)
I wondered how the hell chickie escaped from my dungeon.  action-smiley-047.gif

smilio04.gif
allnaturalguy
QUOTE(evade20 @ Nov 7 2010, 07:04 AM)
smilio04.gif

Couldn't resist. tongue.gif
digitalnights
So does that explain why no one can see attachments?
evade20
QUOTE(digitalnights @ Nov 8 2010, 08:34 PM)
So does that explain why no one can see attachments?

Who's having trouble...? confused-smiley-013.gif
FreakyShinnizle
Anyone NOT using Microsoft's poor excuse of a browser.
allnaturalguy
QUOTE(evade20 @ Nov 8 2010, 10:58 PM)
Who's having trouble...?   confused-smiley-013.gif

Lynette is or was having trouble posting pics.
digitalnights
QUOTE(FreakyShinnizle @ Nov 9 2010, 04:52 PM)
Anyone NOT using Microsoft's poor excuse of a browser.

What he said...
NewAgeDragon
I use Google Chrome and it works awesome on this site.
Lovesbigracks
QUOTE(NewAgeDragon @ Dec 20 2010, 06:52 AM)
I use Google Chrome and it works awesome on this site.

Chrome does work great, until you click on an attached pic to enlarge it. It's not Chrome's fault though.
NewAgeDragon
QUOTE(Lovesbigracks @ Dec 20 2010, 02:33 PM)
Chrome does work great, until you click on an attached pic to enlarge it. It's not Chrome's fault though.

Have not ran into that yet. We shall see. Take care dude.
ddd35
QUOTE(Lovesbigracks @ Dec 20 2010, 12:33 PM)

Whose fault is it ? Just curious ?
Lovesbigracks
QUOTE(ddd35 @ Dec 30 2010, 12:28 PM)
Whose fault is it ??  Just curious ?

I can't say for certain. confused-smiley-013.gif I'd say there are any number of possibilities though(some more likely than others). It started after the site switched hosts. There's a thread about it, and most major browsers have the same issue except IE. I've checked Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and IE myself, and the expanded attachments only work in IE. All other browsers show code, jargon, and snippets of EXIF data instead of the pics.
melonmassager
QUOTE(Lynette @ Oct 20 2010, 09:47 PM)

Lynette,
If this ever happens again and you need to fill that urge to post pictures, you're more than welcome to post them directly to my personal e-mail

2thumbs.gif
evade20
QUOTE(melonmassager @ Feb 10 2013, 05:15 PM)
Lynette,
If this ever  happens again and you need to fill that urge to post pictures, you're more than welcome to post them directly to my personal e-mail

2thumbs.gif

grinning-smiley-003.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.