Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Mooooosic
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Shoot The Breeze
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Narazbad
just curious as to what kind of music/bands everyone on here likes? feel that this will be an interesting one....il make a list of mine later tongue.gif

(too long to do now)
paybarraman
What was that? A tumbleweed? Oh no, just a Naraz thread........

tongue.gif

I go all across the spectrum...yesterday going home from work it was Rage Against the Machine - Take the Power Back, Know Your Enemy, Freedom....that kinda day at work....
Narazbad
wow..think this is the QUICKEST takeoff one of my threads has ever had tongue.gif
Hot mama
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 9 2005, 04:14 PM)
just curious as to what kind of music/bands everyone on here likes? feel that this will be an interesting one....il make a list of mine later tongue.gif

(too long to do now)

I like country and heavey metal like Black Sabbith,.Older Metallica.
Narazbad
hehe..rocking out to Mudvayne-L.D. 50 right now
clincar
QUOTE(Hot mama @ Aug 9 2005, 04:18 PM)
I like country and heavey metal like Black Sabbith,.Older Metallica.

We like a wide selection, country/ metal /indy, as long as it has a good tune who cares.
paybarraman
OK, here's what's in my car - where I listen to most of my music:

4 cassettes - The Who - "Quadrophenia"
Jimi Hendrix - "Essential Hendrix" a compilation album
Rage Against the Machine - self titled
38 Special - Wild Eyed Southern Boys (dont laugh, good album)

CD's - 5 Mix disks containing: Frank Zappa, Chilli Peppers, Dave Matthews, G-Love & Special Sauce, Duncan Sheik, David Gray, Fleetwood Mac (new Landslide live), Earth Wind & Fire, Doobie Brothers, Lisa Loeb, Presidents of the United States, Rolling Stones, Journey, Jane's Addiction, Alice in CHains, Rush, The Pretenders, The Goo Goo Dolls, Oasis, Kansas, Train, Todd Rundgren, Vertical Horizon, John Mayer, Squeeze, Blur, Lenny Kravitz, Jet, Mighty Mighty Boss Tones

I also have soundtracks for Rent, Secret Garden, Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera

Other CD's include but are not limited to: Sting, The Police, Pearl Jam, Live, No Doubt, Barry White, Kenny Loggins, local artists, and others I'm not remembering

Vinyl = Jesus Christ Superstar - the original Broadway cast; Grateful Dead, Steely Dan, Billy Joel, Rush, Chicago

Not a big Rap or Hip Hop fan, although there are some cuts I like; I still listen to new rock/alternative along with stuff from my day - although radio in Philly sucks right now (all top 40 or rap formats); and even though I'm really not a country fan, there is a band (i don't know who they are) that I can tolerate.......

How's that for a fucked up mixture of musical taste....... tongue.gif
COMEDYMAN
Amazingly i Like Hip hop .. But I listen to anything... I can take country n small doses but that about it ...

Some recent listens.. Slipknot, Clipse, Jay-Z/LinkinPark Nora Jones, Evanescnece, The Roots, among others smile.gif
juicy_DD
Like you Comedyman and Pay I like Evanescence and Goo Goo Dolls.

I like Van Halen, def Leppard, Bon Jovi, Metallica.

I love Joss Stone, Lucie Silvas and at the moment am getting into Mariah carey and I really like The Black Eyed Peas particuarly Fergie! for obvious reasons ha

I also like the Stereophonics and my all time favourite singer is Seal. smile.gif
Narazbad
hate evanesance, seen amy lee with seether and alll i could think was "sucubus, sucubus" im amazed at the quality of the classic rock still listened to, Journey is one of my favorite bands ever. i love Renegade. my music goes from some classical, to older country (Johny Cash, old Garth Brooks) to older rap and a few of the new guys, like outkast and redman/methodman, a little eminem, to classic rock, (pink floyd were gods along with Jimmy and Jimmy Paige) to techno to flat out metal. right now i would estimate a cd collection of over 300, easily, ranging from creed to slipknot to lamb of god, to almost every Fear Factory cd and a good assortment of techno (every TCM) pretty much i listen to just about whatever, as long as im in the mood for it. i got a playlist on my winamp right now that has over 1100 songs on it, ranging from Manson and Mudvayne to Chevelle and Depeche Mode and Deftones. as i say..i like it all *shrug*
hott1976
I am a huge Fleetwood Mac fan! Sometimes stuck in the 80's ...Duran Duran, INXS (the real INXS), sometimes in the mood for Buffett and James Taylor

Definetly dig Black Eyed Peas...
closeup
Bob Seger, Van Morrison, Neil Young, Springsteen ,James Taylor, Willie Nelson, I did some security work for Journey, got to travel a little with them when they toured. I like their music. I have XM radio and the tuner doesn't stray too far from classic rock.
jrock8
i'm pretty much into the alternative/hard rock... bands like linkin park, tool, the killers, rage against the machine... but i'll also do more mellow stuff like gavin degraw and amos lee... and i'm not afraid to throw on some classical or even opera (gotta love carmina burana)

but i keep the hell away from pop and country... no thank you...
COMEDYMAN
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 10 2005, 04:14 PM)
hate evanesance, seen amy lee with seether and alll i could think was "sucubus, sucubus" im amazed at the quality of the classic rock still listened to, Journey is one of my favorite bands ever. i love Renegade. my music goes from some classical, to older country (Johny Cash, old Garth Brooks) to older rap and a few of the new guys, like outkast and redman/methodman, a little eminem, to classic rock, (pink floyd were gods along with Jimmy and Jimmy Paige) to techno to flat out metal. right now i would estimate a cd collection of over 300, easily, ranging from creed to slipknot to lamb of god, to almost every Fear Factory cd and a good assortment of techno (every TCM) pretty much i listen to just about whatever, as long as im in the mood for it. i got a playlist on my winamp right now that has over 1100 songs on it, ranging from Manson and Mudvayne to Chevelle and Depeche Mode and Deftones. as i say..i like it all *shrug*

here ya go NAz for your mudvayne fix!! smile.gif
Narazbad
FUCK YES!!!! I LOVE RHYNO! dude..im a bass player and ryan is my fucking IDOL!!!
bondiguy
As a guitarist I certainly like guitar based rock!

My fav band of all time is Nirvana. They are/were the greatest.

Of more recent bands I like the Killers, Foo Fighters, Jack Johnson and alot of local acts you probably havent heard of like Jet, Powderfinger, Thirsty Merc, Pete Murray etc. 2thumbs.gif
paybarraman
Jet's made it mainstream over here.....I've only heard the radio cuts but i like em......
paybarraman
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 11 2005, 12:05 AM)
FUCK YES!!!! I LOVE RHYNO! dude..im a bass player and ryan is my fucking IDOL!!!

What about Flea from the Chilli's he's a pretty fuckin fine bassist......

I guess it's about what style you prefer......I dont really know Mudvayne or Rhyno...but I can appreciate a bassist who can slap funk as well as rock...
Narazbad
alright...theres alot of fucking AMAZING bassists out there...
this would probably be my favorites list tho, and in no particular order.
1. Cliff from Metallica
2. Flea from RHCP
3. Ryan from Mudvayne
4. Fieldy from Korn
5. Tony from Static-X

im sure theres some im leaving out but thats my list for now
jrock8
umm, dude, les claypool??!! confused-smiley-013.gif
Narazbad
OH SHIT! forgot about les...i told you there were some i was forgetting! dammit..
paybarraman
Bootsy Collins......
jrock8
bad naraz, bad... action-smiley-047.gif

it's ok though... he's only like the best bass player ever, i can see how you could leave him out, lmao smilio04.gif
Narazbad
havent listened to primus in a while, sorry
juicy_DD
how about Yngwe malmstein (dow know if I have spelt right!) probly no one else has heard!
paybarraman
QUOTE(juicy_DD @ Aug 11 2005, 03:55 PM)
how about Yngwe malmstein (dow know if I have spelt right!) probly no one else has heard!

I know Yngwe, he's a guitarist though....thrash, speed guitar.....
Hot mama
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Aug 11 2005, 04:09 PM)
I know Yngwe, he's a guitarist though....thrash, speed guitar.....

yes but can play seen him in concert with Triumph back in the 80's.
Hot mama
last post was me hot mama's hubby.there are to many bassist and gutarist to namethat would fit in the best ever to play.
Narazbad
live post....LIIIIVEEE!!! BRING FORTH NEW LIFE IN THE WORLD OF POSTINGS!!! hehe..i made a good thread tongue.gif
jrock8
even if all the posts are about all the people you forgot? confused-smiley-013.gif

smilio04.gif
Narazbad
hey...atleast its still on topic! tongue.gif notice how mine actually do keep topic for some semblance of a length in time? tongue.gif
jacktripper
hasn't been much good music made after the eighties. i still consider ac/dc new kids to rock and roll. it's great living in the past. the best groups ever came from the 60's,70's and 80's. there are no new great musicians or even song writers(i.e. john lennon or jimi) anymore except for the old guys. these new groups,all they know is how to make videos and do interviews on mtv.it's all about the money, the bling bling now. they have no drive to out perform there last record, if they even make a new one after they are rich. there music never progresses. it was made stale and stays stale. there's no life in new music anymore. depressing, isn't it.

Duane, we miss you man.....................
Narazbad
uhh...obviously we arent listening to the same music.....
paybarraman
QUOTE(jacktripper @ Aug 11 2005, 10:04 PM)
...i still consider ac/dc new kids to rock and roll....

Ok your profile says you're 36......I'm 38 and I was in eigth grade when Back In Black hit the shelves......that would make you about 10.......

You prolly werent even outta diapers when most of the musicians you're praising were in their prime!
Brandy
I like the new music. Coldplay, The Killers, Jet, Goo Goo Dolls, Maroon 5, Nickelback and Train are a few of my favorites.

However, nothing beats Smooth Jazz for the more intimate moments.
jacktripper
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Aug 12 2005, 06:39 AM)
Ok your profile says you're 36......I'm 38 and I was in eigth grade when Back In Black hit the shelves......that would make you about 10.......

You prolly werent even outta diapers when most of the musicians you're praising were in their prime!

better check my profile again and this time put on ur reading glasses. and thanks for that nasty ugly vile profanity laced private message. ur cool.
COMEDYMAN
I heard Yngve was gonna change his middle name to "Fucking" laughing-smiley-017.gif
Narazbad
lol goo goo dolls are new? didnt thier last cd come out like 6 years ago? but still a very good band..i love broadway
Brandy
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 12 2005, 04:01 PM)
lol goo goo dolls are new?  didnt thier last cd come out like 6 years ago? but still a very good band..i love broadway

OK, the Goo Goo Dolls aren't that new. I was just going thru the list of artists on my ipod and included them in the mix.
paybarraman
Come on Naraz......dont you go botherin Brandy>>> smilio12.gif
Brandy
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Aug 12 2005, 05:20 PM)
Come on Naraz......dont you go botherin Brandy>>>   smilio12.gif

smile.gif That's ok. I guess I consider them new because I'm not sure if they would be considered classic rock. unsure.gif
paybarraman
QUOTE(Brandy @ Aug 12 2005, 09:59 AM)
However, nothing beats Smooth Jazz for the more intimate moments.

Mmmmmmmmmmm

Intimate moments.......... 03.gif
Narazbad
lol i was messin brandy, didnt mean to come off bastardlike
paybarraman
I know....
Brandy
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 12 2005, 05:38 PM)
lol i was messin brandy, didnt mean to come off bastardlike

That's ok. smile.gif
Narazbad
i get to see disturbed in a week! yaaay!
jrock8
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Aug 12 2005, 04:35 PM)
Mmmmmmmmmmm

Intimate moments..........   03.gif

you sure it's not... jerkit.gif

sorry, after all your dry spell talk, it was just too easy to let pass pay... laughing-smiley-017.gif
Narazbad
noo...thats with me...remember?
jrock8
QUOTE(Narazbad @ Aug 12 2005, 05:26 PM)
noo...thats with me...remember?

wait, you and pay are sharing intimate moments??

now that's just a thought i did NOT need... puke1.gif
Narazbad
ROFL i knew youd take it that way....lol! remember tho..pays dryspell is nothing compared to mine!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.