Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: Firefox loading site issues
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Site Help and Information
Phoenix911
Ok well somethings wrong with my firefox, Its stopped letting me load RMM.com site and well i have no clue as to why.
I not updated it changed any settings, no one but me uses this computer and i have cookies on, So basicly wtf going on any idea's?

Worked fine for like a week then one day i try to vist and well no go, I though maybe server was messing up so gave it 2-3 days and nothing, so i have loaded the DREADED Internet explorer >.<
Anyways beings i hate this pos browser i not gonna stay on it long cos it unsecure and well crap.

Anyone with and idea on why or how to fix please email me via gmail: fireyphoenix911@gmail.com

(atlest firefox is loading every otherpage i try and visted) o.O
Gnappster
QUOTE(Phoenix911 @ Feb 1 2007, 03:22 PM)
Ok well somethings wrong with my firefox, Its stopped letting me load RMM.com site and well i have no clue as to why.
I not updated it changed any settings, no one but me uses this computer and i have cookies on, So basicly wtf going on any idea's?

Worked fine for like a week then one day i try to vist and well no go, I though maybe server was messing up so gave it 2-3 days and nothing, so i have loaded the DREADED Internet explorer >.<
Anyways beings i hate this pos browser i not gonna stay on it long cos it unsecure and well crap.

Anyone with and idea on why or how to fix please email me via gmail: fireyphoenix911@gmail.com

(atlest firefox is loading every otherpage i try and visted) o.O

I think others mentioned this problem in the help area, but I use netscape which uses firefox browser and this is about the only site out there that doesn't work. It worked off and on but now it doesn't at all. Even the sister site ratemypix.com works so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm not a web programmer so I can't really be of more help other than to say "it happnes to me too!"

cman, maybe move this to the help section
Phoenix911
Soz was too anoyed to think to look for help section.
Hope someone on this site can find the problem and fix it then, cos i hate IE and i not gonna install a third browers for 1 site, Firefox is a great program.
paybarraman
my only suggestion - and firefox wont work for me either - is check what firefox wants to use for Java - see if it's the Sun plug-in or if Firefox will use MS VM (from IE) - OR try using the new 2.0 version of Firefox.
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 1 2007, 05:50 PM)
I think others mentioned this problem in the help area, but I use netscape which uses firefox browser and this is about the only site out there that doesn't work. It worked off and on but now it doesn't at all. Even the sister site ratemypix.com works so I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm not a web programmer so I can't really be of more help other than to say "it happnes to me too!"

cman, maybe move this to the help section

What a novel idea!
ontippytoes
Dunno. I use firefox and don't have any problems.
bondiguy
QUOTE(ontippytoes @ Feb 14 2007, 02:03 AM)
Dunno.  I use firefox and don't have any problems.

I also use it too, and only very occasionaly it fucks up, which is why I have IE as a backup grinning-smiley-003.gif
Puppet
firefox just moves so damn slow.. if i was having a boob attack.. i could die waiting for a page to load!!
bondiguy
QUOTE(Puppet @ Feb 15 2007, 02:51 PM)
firefox just moves so damn slow.. if i was having a boob attack.. i could die waiting for a page to load!!

I use it 99% of the time and find it works faster for me than IE
ontippytoes
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 15 2007, 11:22 PM)
I use it 99% of the time and find it works faster for me than IE

I use it 100% of the time and don't have any complaints.
paybarraman
I find the whole thing really wierd. Firefox stopped working for me a while back with veer 1.05. I've tried completely removing - hacking the registry, dumping ALL folders (App data for all profiles) and upgrading with an install to the 2.0x version. I still could not get to RMM. Actually let me re-phrase. I could get to www.ratemymelons.com, but that is the only part of the site that will load. Nothing else will.

Now, Firefox is a Mozilla browser, AND when I tested Netscape 8.2, RMM comes up!! It locks and freezes once in, but it will load the chat page.

Ultimately, I'm using IE 7. I just keep my OS and Apps patched with MS and I have no issues.

I just can't figure out how, if you completely remove ALL traces of Firefox (short of a complete system rebuild) and then re-install you still can't get the chat page or anything else to run. Weird.
bondiguy
I have no fucking idea what you just said cool-smiley-030.gif
Fitch
Is it down, can anyone else get on the site?
cangirl18
QUOTE(Fitch @ Feb 17 2007, 03:24 PM)
Is it down, can anyone else get on the site?

I got on fine...

RMP is a ghetto version of RMM I'm learing. Sometimes I can't post pics, log on, etc.

If logging in is the issue, find the link that says delete cookies by this site from the boards page.

Otherwise, enjoy the time here at RMM, where the mods pay attention, there's no pic stealing, no one asks to jizz on your photos, and the titties flow like honey (in honey? I don't know)

but if you make it on- be sure to rate me! 2thumbs.gif tongue.gif
Fitch
I can't even get to the site.
GreenIvy
http://www.ratemypix.com/listpic.php

copy paste to your browser?

Are you tryin to log in at work? oooh, maybe they caught you!
Fitch
That link doesn't work either, and no I'm at home.
evade20
QUOTE(Fitch @ Feb 17 2007, 04:54 PM)
That link doesn't work either, and no I'm at home.

Hey F1tch...the link works fine... smilio04.gif
Fitch
Not for me, I just get a white screen. tongue.gif
Fitch
Finally got it to work on Internet Explorer, just won't work on Firefox for me.
bondiguy
QUOTE(cangirl18 @ Feb 17 2007, 03:27 PM)
I got on fine...

RMP is a ghetto version of RMM I'm learing. Sometimes I can't post pics, log on, etc.

If logging in is the issue, find the link that says delete cookies by this site from the boards page.

Otherwise, enjoy the time here at RMM, where the mods pay attention, there's no pic stealing, no one asks to jizz on your photos, and the titties flow like honey (in honey? I don't know)

but if you make it on- be sure to rate me! 2thumbs.gif  tongue.gif

Best line ever

That should be the description fro RMM on it's homepage!
Puppet
thats ghetto-tastic!
Phoenix911
Lol well i had a computer problem the other weekk and after repairing it i had to formate and reinstall everything and after i did and installed firefox v2 the website worked again, But now firefox is doing it again it wont load the website.
It worked yesturday... this is pissing me off i hate IE and firefox works fine on EVERYSITE but this one just stopped working.. kinda anoying so i lost as to why it happens, And i not installed any new problem that would fubar it and my Windows is uptodate. >.<
/cry
Gnappster
I blame everything on Brandon, the apparently gay programmer.
Phoenix911
Makes sence >.>
I am having to use IE, such a bad browers.. i really don't wanna have to get another browers cos i love firefox. Just weird how it works then all of a sudden it stops... i tryed clearing cookies and everything (drools - cookies) lol
But yer owell. sad.gif
betty
Anyone tried using Opera, it works a dream for me !
bondiguy
QUOTE(betty @ Feb 21 2007, 03:42 PM)
Anyone tried using Opera, it works a dream for me !

I find her annoying and thus I never watch her show tongue.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Feb 21 2007, 10:42 PM)
I find her annoying and thus I never watch her show tongue.gif

laughing-smiley-014.gif
johnfreak
I know what the problem is, just can't get anyone to fix it.

Basically for some reason only in Mozilla based browsers (Firefox, opera, Nutscrape) something you do in the site as a member basically records your IP address and for some reasons bans you based on your IP.

If you are ojn a laptop you can test this like I did by taking the laptop somewhere else and loading up RMM in Firefox and you will see it will magically work if you use a new IP at a friends house or whatever.

Took me 2 years to figure it out, and I still can't get anyone to fix it... but I will eventually if it's the last thing I do!
paybarraman
So you are banned by the site? Or the Mozilla browser bans/blocks the site?
Gnappster
QUOTE(johnfreak @ Feb 22 2007, 10:10 AM)
I know what the problem is, just can't get anyone to fix it.

Basically for some reason only in Mozilla based browsers (Firefox, opera, Nutscrape) something you do in the site as a member basically records your IP address and for some reasons bans you based on your IP.

If you are ojn a laptop you can test this like I did by taking the laptop somewhere else and loading up RMM in Firefox and you will see it will magically work if you use a new IP at a friends house or whatever.

Took me 2 years to figure it out, and I still can't get anyone to fix it... but I will eventually if it's the last thing I do!

I only had sporadic problems with it until about a month ago when it stopped working altogether.
ddd35
I use windows explorer and have O problems
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Feb 22 2007, 11:29 AM)
laughing-smiley-014.gif

Thank You grinning-smiley-003.gif

QUOTE(paybarraman @ Feb 22 2007, 12:16 PM)
So you are banned by the site?  Or the Mozilla browser bans/blocks the site?

I believe it is the latter. My PC regenerates its IP address every so often so every so often I can check out RMM via Firefox with no problems, but it tends only to last a few times before the above mention troubles begin
Phoenix911
So basicly all firefox users are screwed.....
I am on a permant connection to the net so my ip never changes, So basicly firefox bans the website for some reason? humm.
Breastobsessed
Anybody tried generating an IE tab in firefox?
I haven't tried it yet but it really bugs me that I can't use firefox.
This is the only site I use explorer for.
Something_Creative
I use firefox and have no problems has anyone tried to take it off and reinstall it? I know they just had an update not to long back.
Phoenix911
mine is most upto date version, still is fubar tho.
bondiguy
If ur a firefox user and having problems, I think this site is worth just using IE for grinning-smiley-003.gif
paybarraman
IE 7 is damn near a clone of the mozilla browser at this point anyways. And for all the people yipping about security and all....just patch the browser and move on!!! At this point I've given up. Responsible computing is something everyone should be aware of, so just ratting off IE as an insecure piece of shit doesnt hold water anymore.

Does anyone out there using Firefox now know that passwords for user accounts can be viewed easily and in CLEAR TEXT in the options of the browser? How's THAT for secure.
Gnappster
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Feb 26 2007, 06:22 AM)
Responsible computing is something everyone should be aware of

And that's been One to Grow On nah.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(paybarraman @ Feb 26 2007, 08:22 AM)
IE 7 is damn near a clone of the mozilla browser at this point anyways.

I couldn't agree more. Since running Mozilla Firefox i upgraded to IE 7 and it's the samn damn product!
Something_Creative
I have both IE7 and Fire Fox I prefer Fire Fox because that is what I am used too the only thing I have to use IE for or AOL is some profiles on myspace. Some people don't check there layout on Firefox first when making it but anyway that is a user error not Firefox, IE for me tends to freeze up a lot more. .......................Now back to Sat. morning cartoons, I must say I like the old school cartoons I can't stand all this new anime stuff and all that,.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.