Help - Search - Member List - Calendar
Full Version: My Hometown
RMM Message Board > RateMyMelons.com > Shoot The Breeze
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
closeup
I've been thinking about starting this topic for a while but put it off. Posting a picture of the Longfellow house in another thread reminded me of this. Here's a chance to post photos of your city/town/country that you think the rest of us might find interesting. Maybe a photo of a favorite bar or pub. Whatever. My old avatar of the lighthouse was along those lines. It's one of the most painted and photographed lighthouses in the world.

Here's a photo of the jogging trail around Back Cove:
closeup
Here's my favorite bar, right on a pier over the ocean.
closeup
The veiw from J's: Here's where I spend alot of time when I go out.
ddd35
QUOTE(closeup @ Oct 17 2006, 03:44 PM)
The veiw from J's: Here's where I spend alot of time when I go out.

hey great idea , I have some great pics of my house and hometown , but as far as my favorite eating joint I think you can see pics of them in my 411 ...... tongue.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(ddd35 @ Oct 17 2006, 03:16 PM)
hey great idea  , I have some great pics of my house and  hometown , but as far as my favorite  eating joint  I think you can see pics of them in my  411 ......  tongue.gif

please to post some pics of the throng of large breasted women that frequent your homestead.

That is all.
closeup
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Oct 17 2006, 05:49 PM)
please to post some pics of the throng of large breasted women that frequent your homestead.

That is all.

Gnappy, aren't you just east of Moose Jaw & Medicine Hat?
Gnappster
QUOTE(closeup @ Oct 17 2006, 04:01 PM)
Gnappy, aren't you just east of Moose Jaw & Medicine Hat?

yes, 40 mins east of Moose Jaw and 4 hours east of Medicine Hat.
Here's a pic of the giant moose, but there is no giant hat in Medicine Hat, at least not that I've seen.
closeup
Freeport Indian is about 25-ft. tall. [Ken Balcom, 08/08/2003]

[RA: An earlier chronicle of the Big Indian's owners provided by Chris Madsen: "The F-ing Big Indian. The family version is Freeport Big Indian. Levinsky's, alas, is gone, replaced by a boring ski shop. Before Levinsky's the store was the Casco Bay Trading Company, selling cheap Native American trinkets made in Japan and anything you can name made out of polished cedar. When they moved the Big Indian from its manufacturer to Maine in the '60s, it caused such a sensation on the NJ Turnpike that the state demanded the driver only drive at night."]

We've always refered to this as the B.F.I. (Big Fucking Indian) It's about two miles from L.L. Beans store. When out-of-staters ask how to get to Beans, we'd tell them to turn right at the B.F.I.
bondiguy
I haven't got any actual photos on hand but this is where I spend alot of time. I lve a 5 minute stroll from this famous strip of sand...

user posted image
UncleBuck
no pics either but this is just a five mile hike up hillboth ways from my place tongue.gif

[attachmentid=30480]
evade20
I really do live about 40 some miles from a little town called Penelope and another six beyond that turn off is another small town named Green...I'll let you know if I ever meet these lovely ladies there. laughing-smiley-014.gif
evade20
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 18 2006, 01:32 AM)
I haven't got any actual photos on hand but this is where I spend alot of time. I lve a 5 minute stroll from this famous strip of sand...

user posted image

Hey, bondi, Is that the place they took your camera phone away.....? nah.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 18 2006, 08:12 PM)

BAM? ohmy.gif
(evade must have read the adult humo(u)r for dummies I suggested) nah.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 18 2006, 10:12 PM)

ph34r.gif

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Oct 19 2006, 01:12 AM)
BAM?  ohmy.gif
(evade must have read the adult humo(u)r for dummies I suggested)  nah.gif

I love the ? after the bam tongue.gif
Bobaloo
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 19 2006, 02:52 AM)
ph34r.gif
I love the ? after the bam tongue.gif

I laughed at that too
evade20
BAM?  ohmy.gif

Bondi is the one that mentioned that camera phones were prohibited on his favo(u)rite beach...I just figured he knew from first hand jerkit.gif experience. confused-smiley-013.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
evade20
BAM?  ohmy.gif

Did you mean this one? laughing-smiley-017.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 19 2006, 09:34 AM)
Bondi is the one that mentioned that camera phones were prohibited on his favo(u)rite beach...I just figured he knew from first hand  jerkit.gif experience.  confused-smiley-013.gif  laughing-smiley-017.gif

Oh I got it, just wasn't expecting you to come up with a clever burn tongue.gif

QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 19 2006, 09:47 AM)
Did you mean this one?  laughing-smiley-017.gif

with a chapter on how to make 1000+ posts without saying anything of value.
evade20
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Oct 19 2006, 01:00 PM)
Oh I got it, just wasn't expecting you to come up with a clever burn tongue.gif

tongue.gif You're getting slow in your "old age"

Ouch! angry-smiley-011.gif nah.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 19 2006, 11:16 AM)
tongue.gif  You're getting slow in your "old age"

I know. It's all downhill after 30. sad-smiley-042.gif
bondiguy

I wrote that chapter
evade20
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 19 2006, 06:13 PM)
I wrote that chapter

And i did the 'cover art' for the book! ph34r.gif Yeah, right blink.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
evade20
QUOTE(evade20 @ Oct 18 2006, 10:10 PM)
I really do live about 40 some miles from a little town called Penelope and another six beyond that turn off is another small town named Green...I'll let you know if I ever meet these lovely ladies there.  laughing-smiley-014.gif

Some times they call my home town "gorges"...a purposeful misspelling of 'gorgeous.' blink.gif
bondiguy
Damn that place looks cold as a motherfucker
summoner
Winter smile.gif
bondiguy
That place looks even colder blink.gif
summoner
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 21 2006, 07:27 AM)
That place looks even colder blink.gif

I think that in January we have about -30 celsius here, again.....Summer we went over +30 celsius few times biggrin.gif
evade20
QUOTE(summoner @ Oct 21 2006, 01:29 AM)
I think that in January we have about -30 celsius here, again.....Summer we went over +30 celsius few times biggrin.gif

Doesn't Hell freeze over at -40 C/F ? Burrr blink.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif
hott1976
from my backyard...guess this explains why i can lay out topless. smile.gif AND.....for those of you who are going to ask...i'm not exactly in Fredericksburg...just closest city to me. Muah.
betty
This is mine in the Derbyshire Dales, bit naff really isn't it !
[attachmentid=30634]
bondiguy
QUOTE(summoner @ Oct 21 2006, 01:29 AM)

That some temp range!

Do you also have 24 hour days there in summer???

QUOTE(hott1976 @ Oct 21 2006, 12:49 PM)
from my backyard...guess this explains why i can lay out topless.  smile.gif  AND.....for those of you who are going to ask...i'm not exactly in Fredericksburg...just closest city to me.  Muah.

Wow hott where do you live? Paradise? Looks damn beautiful!
evade20
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 21 2006, 07:47 PM)

It depends how high she is... laughing-smiley-017.gif laughing-smiley-017.gif

You're the one that is the Tokin' Aussie. The lights look so much brighter when your stoned. blink.gif grinning-smiley-003.gif
summoner
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 22 2006, 01:47 AM)
That some temp range!

If you travel far north you will have a nightless night at midsummer smile.gif Here were I live the sun might be down for couple of hours at midsummer but itīs not as dark as it is now (7am) even! And midwinter there will be no sun in the North for few days and thatīs far far North smile.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(summoner @ Oct 22 2006, 12:23 AM)
If you travel far north you will have a nightless night at midsummer smile.gif Here were I live the sun might be down for couple of hours at midsummer but itīs not as dark as it is now (7am) even! And midwinter there will be no sun in the North for few days and thatīs far far North smile.gif

Thats gotta both suck and blow in winter!
LikesThemAll
QUOTE(betty @ Oct 21 2006, 12:58 PM)
This is mine in the Derbyshire Dales, bit naff really isn't it !
[attachmentid=30634]

Reminds me of a time long ago when I spent a weekend in Edinburg. Think it was sunny, then rained, then snowed, then sleeted all in the same hour before the sun came out again.
bondiguy
QUOTE(LikesThemAll @ Oct 22 2006, 07:05 PM)
Reminds me of a time long ago when I spent a weekend in Edinburg.  Think it was sunny, then rained, then snowed, then sleeted all in the same hour before the sun came out again.

The wonders of global warming grinning-smiley-003.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(summoner @ Oct 20 2006, 11:29 PM)

sounds depressingly like the weather here. We got up to about +37 this summer and will drop to at least -30 in the winter.

QUOTE(hott1976 @ Oct 21 2006, 10:49 AM)
from my backyard...guess this explains why i can lay out topless.  smile.gif  AND.....for those of you who are going to ask...i'm not exactly in Fredericksburg...just closest city to me.  Muah.

and you bitch about teachers' pay? tongue.gif that looks like some prime real estate! and hott laying out topless does nothing but raise property value through the roof (among other things).

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 21 2006, 11:18 PM)

spotted grinning-smiley-003.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Oct 23 2006, 01:09 PM)
and you bitch about teachers' pay? tongue.gif  that looks like some prime real estate! and hott laying out topless does nothing but raise property value through the roof (among other things).

spotted  grinning-smiley-003.gif

and they get 3 months off a year too!!! tongue.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 24 2006, 12:44 AM)

and in Canada they get paid awesome! They make more than me...but then again so does the guy who puts pickes on the burgers at McDonalds.
hott1976
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 24 2006, 02:44 AM)

ha ha...not 3 months off...if you can remember i was working all summer boyz. and this property is realistic... the only way we can afford it is because we're renting from my date's parents. bang.gif bang.gif
Gnappster
QUOTE(hott1976 @ Oct 24 2006, 03:18 PM)
ha ha...not 3 months off...if you can remember i was working all summer boyz.  and this property is realistic... the only way we can afford it is because we're renting from my date's parents.   bang.gif  bang.gif

your date's dad is probably thinking he's the one who wins in that deal, he doesn't own a huge pair of binoculars does he? love-smiley-085.gif
bondiguy
QUOTE(hott1976 @ Oct 24 2006, 05:18 PM)
ha ha...not 3 months off...if you can remember i was working all summer boyz.  and this property is realistic... the only way we can afford it is because we're renting from my date's parents.   bang.gif  bang.gif

I was just bustin yer chops hott. I have a family member who is a teacher and they get all that crap sledged toward them all the time
Bobaloo
QUOTE(bondiguy @ Oct 22 2006, 01:18 AM)

I didn't think that was physically possible.
Bobaloo
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Oct 24 2006, 05:59 PM)
your date's dad is probably thinking he's the one who wins in that deal, he doesn't own a huge pair of binoculars does he?  love-smiley-085.gif

No. but he does manage a security company and gets a hell of a discount on state-of-the-art camera equipment.
bondiguy
QUOTE(Bobaloo @ Oct 30 2006, 04:51 PM)
I didn't think that was physically possible.

well played food-smiley-004.gif
closeup
Here's a couple of pictures of the Eastern Promenade in Portland. I worked nights in this building during college and would often go up on the roof to watch the sunrise. The top of this building is one of the first places in the country where you can see the sunrise. You can see this same building off to the far left in the panoramic shot.
closeup
Panoramic
bondiguy
QUOTE(closeup @ Nov 15 2006, 07:57 PM)
Here's a couple of pictures of the Eastern Promenade in Portland. I worked nights in this building during college and would often go up on the roof to watch the sunrise. The top of this building is one of the first places in the country where you can see the sunrise. You can see this same building off to the far left in the panoramic shot.

Great pics dude.... looks nice!
Gnappster
QUOTE(closeup @ Nov 15 2006, 05:57 PM)

looks like a great place to visit!

too bad it is in the US and A wink.gif
Bobaloo
QUOTE(Gnappster @ Nov 16 2006, 11:13 AM)
looks like a great place to visit!

too bad it is in the US and A wink.gif

uniiiice
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.