Rate boobs, big boob pics, natural tits, fake tits, hot tits on hot chicks, it's all about breast and we have the melons to prove it!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Sf Giants, Black anthem

junker
post Jul 29 2020, 08:30 PM
Post #1

C Cup

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,566

So apparently the Giants opened their season by playing the "black anthem."

I'll go ahead and step on the third rail here.... does anyone besides me think it's weird that our country seems to be going down a path where instead of becoming more American, we're supposed to be more and more conscious of our "race"?

How is it supposed to help us as a country and as a global community to focus so much on race? Will there be a time in our future where the Olympics no longer have national anthems and instead play a tune based on the race of the individual athletes?

Didn't Martin Luther King say he dreamt of a time where his children would be "judged the content of their character and not the color of their skin"? Was he wrong?
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
ddd35
post Jul 29 2020, 11:45 PM
Post #2

Melon Master

Member No.: 14,606

QUOTE(junker @ Jul 29 2020, 06:30 PM)

I'll go ahead and step on the third rail here.... does anyone besides me think it's weird that our country seems to be going down a path where instead of becoming more American, we're supposed to be more and more conscious of our "race"? 

How is it supposed to help us as a country and as a global community to focus so much on race?  Will there be a time in our future where the Olympics no longer have national anthems and instead play a tune based on the race of the individual athletes?

Didn't Martin Luther King say he dreamt of a time where his children would be "judged the content of their character and not the color of their skin"?  Was he wrong?

I refuse to watch any sporting event that starts with such a thing or any overpaid individual or common person kneeling during the Anthem . RANT OVER . By the way I didnt miss baseball , I wont miss baseball . Nascar now sucks . And we shall see when football starts . Now Rant over.
+Quote Post
CPL4233
post Jul 30 2020, 10:36 AM
Post #3

A Cup

Member No.: 38,836

QUOTE(junker @ Jul 29 2020, 08:30 PM)

How is it supposed to help us as a country and as a global community to focus so much on race?  Will there be a time in our future where the Olympics no longer have national anthems and instead play a tune based on the race of the individual athletes?

Didn't Martin Luther King say he dreamt of a time where his children would be "judged the content of their character and not the color of their skin"?  Was he wrong?

Race is a factor in our world, we can't avoid it. Folks can disagree on the way the focus gets implemented, but the focus has to be there, can't just ignore certain problems.
Good topic though.
+Quote Post
Jab
post Jul 30 2020, 01:27 PM
Post #4

A Cup

Member No.: 43,794

QUOTE(CPL4233 @ Jul 30 2020, 10:36 AM)
Race is a factor in our world, we can't avoid it. Folks can disagree on the way the focus gets implemented, but the focus has to be there, can't just ignore certain problems.
Good topic though.

We can’t use Politics here we will lose friends and it will cause problems here
+Quote Post
junker
post Jul 30 2020, 02:53 PM
Post #5

C Cup

QUOTE(Jab @ Jul 30 2020, 01:27 PM)
We can’t use Politics here we will lose friends and it will cause problems here

I hear what you’re saying, and I recognize the potential for some people to get upset.

But with that said, no one is being forced to contribute their opinion, or even read what’s being written. My hope is that some people will, however, participate and do so in a matter that is respectful to others. If we can learn about and actually understand opposing opinions, I think it will help promote solutions in the long run.

+Quote Post
junker
post Jul 30 2020, 05:19 PM
Post #6

C Cup

QUOTE(CPL4233 @ Jul 30 2020, 10:36 AM)
Good topic though.

What confuses me is that the biggest icon of the civil rights movement we have in our history - Martin Luther King - in his most famous speech, advocated judging people by the content of their character and not the color of their skin. It really seems to me that we are not pursuing that objective anymore, and it’s deeply troubling to me.

No other race in our society has a special anthem dedicated to them, let alone one that is played before public events. Not Hispanics, not Asians, not Native Americans, and not whites. Where are we going with this? Are we going to adopt special anthems for each race we can identify? If so, that seems ridiculous. And if not, isn’t that unequal and unfair?
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:09 PM