Rate boobs, big boob pics, natural tits, fake tits, hot tits on hot chicks, it's all about breast and we have the melons to prove it!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages  1 2 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Interesting Aussie Food Things...., Is it just me?

Isaac_Putin
post Mar 14 2006, 11:21 PM
Post #1

B Cup

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,864

Okay:

1. You could get bags of pancakes on the shelf next to the loaves of bread. They were just sitting there at room temperature (not that I'm a stickler for food preparation).

2. They had a version of Hardees called Hungry Jacks (I think that was the name). Anyway, they put sugar beets on top of hamburgers instead of pickles.

3. You could get a fried egg on a hamburger, too. This was on Hungry Jacks' Aussie Burger.

4. McDonald's had espresso bars. Not at the regular counter, but in a kiosk thing in the dining area.

5. Australians have different names for sizes/types of coffee. For the life of me, I can't remember the names, though.
User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 14 2006, 11:49 PM
Post #2

Double D's

Member No.: 12,556

QUOTE(Isaac_Putin @ Mar 14 2006, 08:21 PM)
Okay:

1. You could get bags of pancakes on the shelf next to the loaves of bread.  They were just sitting there at room temperature (not that I'm a stickler for food preparation).

2. They had a version of Hardees called Hungry Jacks (I think that was the name).  Anyway, they put sugar beets on top of hamburgers instead of pickles.

3. You could get a fried egg on a hamburger, too.  This was on Hungry Jacks' Aussie Burger.

4. McDonald's had espresso bars.  Not at the regular counter, but in a kiosk thing in the dining area.

5. Australians have different names for sizes/types of coffee.  For the life of me, I can't remember the names, though.

What the heck is a sugar beet?? and bags of pancakes blink.gif
+Quote Post
UncleBuck
post Mar 15 2006, 12:01 AM
Post #3

D Cup
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,012

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 14 2006, 11:49 PM)
What the heck is a sugar beet?? and bags of pancakes blink.gif

A sugar beet is like a red beet but you make sugar out them and they turn sweet when ya cook em grinning-smiley-003.gif

--------------------
*100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky.

*Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

*Egos are like dicks.
All men have one, but mine's bigger.
+Quote Post
bondiguy
post Mar 15 2006, 12:11 AM
Post #4

I don't suffer FOOLS

Member No.: 7,542

1. Yes you can get pikelets at room temperature stright from the shelf near the bread. I didnt think it was that big a deal. People usually put jam (what you guys jelly) and cream on them

2. Hungry Jacks is actualy a division of Burger King in the states... unless it has changed its name to Hardees. I know this for a fact because I had a friend who worked there through school.

Also I have no fucking idea what a sugar beet is and have ever seen one on a burger... we have pickles here too bleieve it or not! if you mean beetroot yes some burgers have them but I hate beetroot!

3. Yes many corber stores and even the big chained fast food restaraunts offer egg on some burgers... we love eggs on burgers, even pineapple!

4. with the amount of McDonalds in Australia they ALL now have quality coffee bars the call Mc Cafe. This was done to combat the growing market for quality coffee especially in Sydney and melbourne and the instant shit Maccas used to dish up wasn't making the cut anymore and they were losing busniess

5. It seems common that we go by different sizes but names? our large is usually your small. Having seen Supersize Me I can't believe the portions you guys consume... its crazy! The largest coffee/coke we can buy here is the smallest one available over there.

As for names I thought a latte, cappucino, expresso, short back, flat white were the same worldwide

--------------------
Bondi Approved ™

I look like you wanna look, I fuck like you wanna fuck.
I am smart, capable and, most importantly, I'm free in all the ways that you are not.

user posted image
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 02:12 AM
Post #5

Double D's

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Mar 14 2006, 09:11 PM)
1. Yes you can get pikelets at room temperature stright from the shelf near the bread. I didnt think it was that big a deal. People usually put jam (what you guys jelly) and cream on them

2. Hungry Jacks is actualy a division of Burger King in the states... unless it has changed its name to Hardees. I know this for a fact because I had a friend who worked there through school.

Also I have no fucking idea what a sugar beet is and have ever seen one on a burger... we have pickles here too bleieve it or not! if you mean beetroot yes some burgers have them but I hate beetroot!

3. Yes many corber stores and even the big chained fast food restaraunts offer egg on some burgers... we love eggs on burgers, even pineapple!

4. with the amount of McDonalds in Australia they ALL now have quality coffee bars the call Mc Cafe. This was done to combat the growing market for quality coffee especially in Sydney and melbourne and the instant shit Maccas used to dish up wasn't making the cut anymore and they were losing busniess

5. It seems common that we go by different sizes but names? our large is usually your small. Having seen Supersize Me I can't believe the portions you guys consume... its crazy! The largest coffee/coke we can buy here is the smallest one available over there.

As for names I thought a latte, cappucino, expresso, short back, flat white were the same worldwide

WOW it is so funny the differances that happen in other Westernized countries. The language is the same right?? I mean being English that is??

We cook pancakes usually put butter and syrup on them. It is still Burger Kind there are Hardees chains as well though usually I seen them in the midwest. Have no idea what a corber store is coz.gif We have espresso stands pretty much on EVERY corner here where I live Star bucks every few blocks. The portions would explain why so many americans are obese even kids now it is ABSURD!!!!!!
+Quote Post
bondiguy
post Mar 15 2006, 02:18 AM
Post #6

I don't suffer FOOLS

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 02:12 AM)
WOW it is so funny the differances that happen in other Westernized countries. The language is the same right?? I mean being English that is??

We cook pancakes usually put butter and syrup on them. It is still Burger Kind there are Hardees chains as well though usually I seen them in the midwest. Have no idea what a corber store is coz.gif We have espresso stands pretty much on EVERY corner here where I live Star bucks every few blocks. The portions would explain why so many americans are obese even kids now it is ABSURD!!!!!!

Yes we speak english although there are many differences in spelling and slang that we use. Most of the time were you put a Z, we put an S. i.e customise

Cooked pancakes here are topped witha variety of things. The pre cooked ones are just for the lazy people. Syrup, butter, jam, ice cream all goes well on a pancake

Hungry Jacks is just Burger Kings way of "aussieing up" the name a bit.

That should have read corner store, like a convenience store.

Starbucks is rearing its ugly head more and more here but not to the magnitude you guys have to put up with it. I hear from friends who have travelled the USA that ur coffee sucks (no offence!) Thats why Isaac loved the coffee so much. cafe's line the streets of the city and coffee from everyone of them is good!

Thats exactly what i got out of Supersize Me... your portions are just unbelievable! I mean 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of fries at McDonalds is absurd! A gallon of coke? Who drinks that much?

--------------------
Bondi Approved ™

I am smart, capable and, most importantly, I'm free in all the ways that you are not.

user posted image
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 02:34 AM
Post #7

Double D's

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Mar 14 2006, 11:18 PM)
Yes we speak english although there are many differences in spelling and slang that we use. Most of the time were you put a Z, we put an S. i.e customise

Cooked pancakes here are topped witha variety of things. The pre cooked ones are just for the lazy people. Syrup, butter, jam, ice cream all goes well on a pancake

Hungry Jacks is just Burger Kings way of "aussieing up" the name a bit.

That should have read corner store, like a convenience store.

Starbucks is rearing its ugly head more and more here but not to the magnitude you guys have to put up with it. I hear from friends who have travelled the USA that ur coffee sucks (no offence!) Thats why Isaac loved the coffee so much. cafe's line the streets of the city and coffee from everyone of them is good!

Thats exactly what i got out of Supersize Me... your portions are just unbelievable! I mean 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) of fries at McDonalds is absurd! A gallon of coke? Who drinks that much?

No offense taken on the coffee **cross refrance here grinning-smiley-003.gif **

You should see the size of the kids and teens that we are breeding.

It is sickening.

It sickens me more to see parents feed into this and allow there children to get fat. I mean 1 in like 1000 have a genitic defect that makes it hard on them but most of it is lazy parents breeding lazy kids and these kids are the ones that will suffer but that is a WHOLE OTHER RANT!!!!!!!!!

My kids drink Water, they can have one cup of juice a day usually in school lunch and a glass of milk with dinner, if ever we get drive through they get a chocolate milk on a rare occasion very rare they can have a soda.
+Quote Post
bondiguy
post Mar 15 2006, 02:37 AM
Post #8

I don't suffer FOOLS

lol at soda.... i love how u guys call it that!

I agree and by the sounds of it there should be more parents like you. Australia isn't much better i can assure you!

--------------------
Bondi Approved ™

user posted image
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 02:45 AM
Post #9

Double D's

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Mar 14 2006, 11:37 PM)
lol at soda.... i love how u guys call it that!

I agree and by the sounds of it there should be more parents like you. Australia isn't much better i can assure you!

I actually call it pop but I thought you would laugh at that, what do you call it????

I like this I want to here more tall tales about the food down under. LOL

All I know is my dad has been there many times and he says the Outback Steakhouse here is a rip off and is nothing like real aussie food ohmy.gif
+Quote Post
bondiguy
post Mar 15 2006, 02:48 AM
Post #10

I don't suffer FOOLS

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 02:45 AM)
I actually call it pop but I thought you would laugh at that, what do you call it????
I like this I want to here more tall tales about the food down under. LOL

All I know is my dad has been there many times and he says the Outback Steakhouse here is a rip off and is nothing like real aussie food ohmy.gif

We call it Soft Drink here, do not ask me why!

Just like Italian restaraunts, mexican, chinese etc... they are never the same as the actual country's cuisine!

--------------------
Bondi Approved ™

user posted image
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 02:50 AM
Post #11

Double D's

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Mar 14 2006, 11:48 PM)
We call it Soft Drink here, do not ask me why!

Just like Italian restaraunts, mexican, chinese etc... they are never the same as the actual country's cuisine!

Yeah mexican resteraunts are nothing like in Mexico.

I don't eat Asian food and never been to asia so not sure about that one. LOL Yeah we have them as soft drinks here as well all depends on where you are living around here.
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 12:07 PM
Post #12

Liquor and Whores

Member No.: 2,922

QUOTE(bondiguy @ Mar 15 2006, 12:18 AM)

In Canada we are somewhere inbetween the US and the rest of the world in portions. When I watched Supersize me I noticed that our largest size is their medium, that is, we're one step behind, but I'm sure we'll catch up soon enough. We also don't have near the diversity of fast food chains the US has, but make no mistake about it, we still have some fat fucking people here. You know the ones I'm talking about, they make Elvis look anorexic.

And I call it "pop" too. grinning-smiley-003.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Thinking about starting a new thread???
Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
johnny wadd
post Mar 15 2006, 12:14 PM
Post #13

C Cup

Member No.: 12,859

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 01:07 PM)
In Canada we are somewhere inbetween the US and the rest of the world in portions. When I watched Supersize me I noticed that our largest size is their medium, that is, we're one step behind, but I'm sure we'll catch up soon enough. We also don't have near the diversity of fast food chains the US has, but make no mistake about it, we still have some fat fucking people here. You know the ones I'm talking about, they make Elvis look anorexic.

And I call it "pop" too.   grinning-smiley-003.gif

Anyone who eats fastfood or drinks Soda is nuts IMHO.everyone should see Supersize me.that guy almost died from eating that shit.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
natalie
post Mar 15 2006, 04:22 PM
Post #14

D Cup

Member No.: 13,587

QUOTE(johnny wadd @ Mar 15 2006, 12:14 PM)
Anyone who eats fastfood or drinks Soda is nuts IMHO.everyone should see Supersize me.that guy almost died from eating that shit.

Yeah cause he ate it three times a day for how long?!!Most people don't even eat it once a day. I don't really like fast food, it makes me feel gross but when we're out late and drinking there's nothing I crave more. It's weird but that seems to be a trend. I think that's why McDicks (that's what we call it sometimes) stays open later now. Drunk people crave their food. Pop is something I try not to drink and the only time I do drink it it's with rye or vodka and even then I water it down so-to-speak with plain soda. It cuts down alot on the sugar. I'm not a fan of sugar, I can't even eat honey nut cheerios because they're too sweet.
+Quote Post
johnny wadd
post Mar 15 2006, 04:35 PM
Post #15

C Cup

QUOTE(natalie @ Mar 15 2006, 05:22 PM)
Yeah cause he ate it three times a day for how long?!!Most people don't even eat it once a day. I don't really like fast food, it makes me feel gross but when we're out late and drinking there's nothing I crave more. It's weird but that seems to be a trend. I think that's why McDicks (that's what we call it sometimes) stays open later now. Drunk people crave their food. Pop is something I try not to drink and the only time I do drink it it's with rye or vodka and even then I water it down so-to-speak with plain soda. It cuts down alot on the sugar. I'm not a fan of sugar, I can't even eat honey nut cheerios because they're too sweet.

That guys liver was pate.I know it was an extreme example but eating this stuff long term cannot be good for you.when I watched the DVD and saw how they let the food sit under glass and watch it break down and the french fries looked brand new after a few months or whatever , that really grossed me out.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 04:44 PM
Post #16

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(johnny wadd @ Mar 15 2006, 02:35 PM)
That guys liver was pate.I know it was an extreme example but eating this stuff long term cannot be good for you.when I watched the DVD and saw how they let the food sit under glass and watch it break down and the french fries looked brand new after a few months or whatever , that really grossed me out.

Life is all about moderation. Eating that shit once in while isn't going to hurt you. I still never eat fries (from any place) and I don't drink pop more than a few times a year. I'll usually get a burger and a salad once in awhile and that's just it...once in awhile.
If you eat healthy and exercise two thirds of the time, that 1/3 of the time when you're eating crap and boozing it up shouldn't affect you two much.

That is all.

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 04:46 PM
Post #17

Double D's

what happened to my post ??? dry.gif
+Quote Post
natalie
post Mar 15 2006, 04:48 PM
Post #18

D Cup

QUOTE(johnny wadd @ Mar 15 2006, 04:35 PM)

Yeah, i will admit that was disgusting. Their milkshakes are the same way, the never fully disintegrate but my science teacher once told us it was because of some-sort of seaweed derivitive.
+Quote Post
johnny wadd
post Mar 15 2006, 05:11 PM
Post #19

C Cup

Actually the only Aussie Food Ive had was fake Aussie Food at the outback .The blooming onion made me sick for 2 days.I'm sure the blooming onion sat in my stomach for 6 months.

--------------------
user posted image
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #20

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(natalie @ Mar 15 2006, 02:48 PM)
Yeah, i will admit that was disgusting. Their milkshakes are the same way, the never fully disintegrate but my science teacher once told us it was because of some-sort of seaweed derivitive.

It's called carageenan(sp?) and is in tons and tons of stuff. It's a natural thickener. Check ingredients and you'll see it all the time.
Useless fact #349

That is all.

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 05:17 PM
Post #21

Double D's

I dont know what happend to the post I had right after Johnny's but to sum it up it said much of the same Moderation is the key. Take a physiology class and Organic Chem class and you will have a whole new outlook on how food is broken up in your body.

But you eat fast food now and again it isn't gonna hurt you, you make it the only thing you eat than your in trouble.

You drink to much water you can have problems allthough you are supposed to drink a lot Moderation is the key in anything.
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 05:18 PM
Post #22

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 02:46 PM)
what happened to my post ???  dry.gif

huh? coz.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 05:19 PM
Post #23

Double D's

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 02:18 PM)
huh?  coz.gif

I had a post after Johnny's I am sure I posted it cant find it now though thought maybe I put it in the wrong thread but cant find it elsewhere either. I dunno the board is cursed I guess blink.gif
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 05:21 PM
Post #24

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:19 PM)
I had a post after Johnny's I am sure I posted it cant find it now though thought maybe I put it in the wrong thread but cant find it elsewhere either. I dunno the board is cursed I guess blink.gif

oh yes, it's the board's fault

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 05:28 PM
Post #25

Double D's

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 02:21 PM)
oh yes, it's the board's fault

Well I saw it posted so I know I hit reply so I dunno.

I didnt realize until yesterday this is the same exact board I use on my forums. Same company and stuff:D
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 05:34 PM
Post #26

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:28 PM)
Well I saw it posted so I know I hit reply so I dunno.
I didnt realize until yesterday this is the same exact board I use on my forums. Same company and stuff:D

you mean Invision?
It is the boardwhores board of choice! grinning-smiley-003.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 05:39 PM
Post #27

Double D's

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 02:34 PM)
you mean Invision?
It is the boardwhores board of choice!  grinning-smiley-003.gif

Yep I just upgraded to the Invision 2. something or whatever. But have always used invision. We add all the bells and whistles though, arcades, themes to choose from now a casino all kinds of mods for it.

They have always been my favorite kind.
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Mar 15 2006, 05:49 PM
Post #28

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(diane26 @ Mar 15 2006, 03:39 PM)
Yep I just upgraded to the Invision 2. something or whatever. But have always used invision. We add all the bells and whistles though, arcades, themes to choose from now a casino all kinds of mods for it.
They have always been my favorite kind.

Yeah, well this one has boobs and is therefore infinitely better!

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
natalie
post Mar 15 2006, 05:50 PM
Post #29

D Cup

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 05:49 PM)

Here here old chap, I whole heartedly concur! food-smiley-004.gif
+Quote Post
diane26
post Mar 15 2006, 05:56 PM
Post #30

Double D's

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Mar 15 2006, 02:49 PM)

LOL well mine isnt for anything like this so i wont disagree with that mine is also not even public. But I thought it was funny it is the same board.

I spend more time here though ph34r.gif
+Quote Post

2 Pages  1 2 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 09:21 PM