Rate boobs, big boob pics, natural tits, fake tits, hot tits on hot chicks, it's all about breast and we have the melons to prove it!

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages < 1 2 3 > 
Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> What's Your Ethnic Background?, Nationality, religion, etc.

somfan
post Jun 1 2006, 08:54 PM
Post #31

Double D's

Group: Members
Member No.: 10,529

I am a Scandinavian mutt: My mother is Norwegian from north of Lillehammer.
My father is Swedish/Danish/Finnish. And YES Summoner, I know, I speak real lousy Finnish. drinkup.gif

Religion: grew up Lutheran, but now agnostic - although I am somewhat interested in religions from the perspective of anthropology and philosophy.

--------------------
You'll get pie in the sky when you die, (that's a lie.) - Joe Hill

User is offlineProfile CardPM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Lynette
post Jun 1 2006, 09:56 PM
Post #32

D Cup

Member No.: 13,700

Part Tahitian and part Italian, catholic (kind of).
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 2 2006, 11:49 AM
Post #33

Liquor and Whores

Member No.: 2,922

QUOTE(somfan @ Jun 1 2006, 06:54 PM)
I am a Scandinavian mutt:  My mother is Norwegian from north of Lillehammer.
My father is Swedish/Danish/Finnish.  And YES Summoner, I know,  I speak real lousy Finnish. drinkup.gif

Religion:  grew up Lutheran, but now agnostic - although I am somewhat interested  in religions from the perspective of anthropology and philosophy.

A question I have is how different are those 3 little countries tucked away in northern Europe: Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Are the languages really different? Are they culturally really different or are they pretty much the same country just with borders. I know the governments are pretty dissimilar. Do you guys have bitter rivalries with each other or are you one big happy family?

That is all®

--------------------
user posted image

Thinking about starting a new thread???
Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
evade20
post Jun 2 2006, 02:01 PM
Post #34

Melon Master

Member No.: 11,658

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 2 2006, 11:49 AM)
A question I have is how different are those 3 little countries tucked away in northern Europe: Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Are the languages really different? Are they culturally really different or are they pretty much the same country just with borders. I know the governments are pretty dissimilar. Do you guys have bitter rivalries with each other or are you one big happy family?

That is all®

They are as different as night and day....especially Finland! The Finnish language is unique and has no known European roots. We should let Summoner expound on this one. (If she cares to).

--------------------
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
Ansel Adams

user posted image
user posted image

The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau
+Quote Post
summoner
post Jun 2 2006, 02:20 PM
Post #35

D Cup

Member No.: 12,313
Bra size (for females only): E and more

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 2 2006 @ 11:49 AM)

That is all®

QUOTE(evade20 @ Jun 2 2006, 08:01 PM)
They are as different as night and day....especially Finland!  The Finnish language is unique and has no known European roots.  We should let Summoner expound on this one. (If she cares to).

biggrin.gif Evade is right! Northern countries are = Finland, Sweden, Norway, Island and Denmark. With languages ours is very different although Finland has two prime languages, Finnish and Swedish. Finland and Sweden has been fighting ever since Finland separated from Sweden few hundred years ago wink.gif I think that SomFan knows these things better than me ohmy.gif I should have learn more about history in high school...What else...All these five countries are different, even with language. It is not certain that if you can speak Swedish you understand Norweigian or Danish..And our language is from East. Estonian and Finnish are quite the same and same thing with Hungarian. And no, we are not a colony of Russia smile.gif

Ja se siitä = That is all wink.gif

--------------------

<3 RMM since 2005 <3

He is
He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see
And he is
Insurrection, he is spite, he's the force that made me be
He is
Nostro dis pater, nostr' alma mater
He is
~Ghost~
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 2 2006, 03:13 PM
Post #36

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(summoner @ Jun 2 2006, 12:20 PM)
biggrin.gif Evade is right! Northern countries are = Finland, Sweden, Norway, Island and Denmark. With languages ours is very different although Finland has two prime languages, Finnish and Swedish. Finland and Sweden has been fighting ever since Finland separated from Sweden few hundred years ago wink.gif I think that SomFan knows these things better than me  ohmy.gif I should have learn more about history in high school...What else...All these five countries are different, even with language. It is not certain that if you can speak Swedish you understand Norweigian or Danish..And our language is from East. Estonian and Finnish are quite the same and same thing with Hungarian. And no, we are not a colony of Russia smile.gif

Thanks! smile.gif

Ja se siitä

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
closeup3
post Jun 2 2006, 03:52 PM
Post #37

Training Bra

Member No.: 15,726

I was born in America, both of my parents were born in America. And all four of my grandparents were born in America. I think that makes me an American.
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 2 2006, 04:00 PM
Post #38

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(closeup3 @ Jun 2 2006, 01:52 PM)
I was born in America, both of my parents were born in America. And all four of my grandparents were born in America. I think that makes me an American.

I thought it makes you an asshole nah.gif

haha, just messin closeup ol buddy, you know I love you! food-smiley-004.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
somfan
post Jun 2 2006, 04:14 PM
Post #39

Double D's

QUOTE(summoner @ Jun 2 2006, 11:20 AM)
biggrin.gif Evade is right! Northern countries are = Finland, Sweden, Norway, Island and Denmark. With languages ours is very different although Finland has two prime languages, Finnish and Swedish. Finland and Sweden has been fighting ever since Finland separated from Sweden few hundred years ago wink.gif I think that SomFan knows these things better than me  ohmy.gif I should have learn more about history in high school...What else...All these five countries are different, even with language. It is not certain that if you can speak Swedish you understand Norweigian or Danish..And our language is from East. Estonian and Finnish are quite the same and same thing with Hungarian. And no, we are not a colony of Russia smile.gif

Finnish is a Finno-Ugric language, which means that it is not Indo-European. English is closer to Sanskrit and Farsi and Russian than Swedish is to Finnish.
Finnish and Estonian are closely related. 6000 years of independent development separate Finnish/Estonian from Hungarian.

During the Viking age, there was one more-or-less common Nordic language which was spoken in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark and the coastal regions of Finland and Estonia. Those languages are often mutually understandable. But Icelanders still speak pretty much the same language spoken by the Vikings!

And then there is the separate indigenous language spoken by Summoner's birth mother: Saami, Sami, of Lapp. It's origins are ancient and obscure.

On the other hand, from the perspective of outside, there are a lot of cultural similarities between the Nordic countries. I would say that that is generally related to the geography, the Viking past, Lutheranism, and the strength of
organized labor and the social-democratic (labor)parties.

The closest thing to WAR in that region is when Finland and Sweden meet each other in ice hockey!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
closeup3
post Jun 2 2006, 04:21 PM
Post #40

Training Bra

Member No.: 15,726

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 2 2006, 04:00 PM)
I thought it makes you an asshole  nah.gif
haha, just messin closeup ol buddy, you know I love you!  food-smiley-004.gif

It's like if someone told you he was born in Poland, his parents were born in Poland, his grandparents were born in Poland, but he's Mexican. How many generations do you have to be in a country before that's "Where you're from"?
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 2 2006, 04:40 PM
Post #41

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(somfan @ Jun 2 2006, 02:14 PM)
Finnish is a Finno-Ugric language, which means that it is not Indo-European.  English is closer to Sanskrit and Farsi and Russian than Swedish is to Finnish.
Finnish and Estonian are closely related.  6000 years of independent development separate Finnish/Estonian from Hungarian. 

During the Viking age, there was one more-or-less common Nordic language which was spoken in Iceland, Norway, Sweden, and Denmark and the coastal regions of Finland and Estonia.  Those languages are often mutually understandable.  But Icelanders still speak pretty much the same language spoken by the Vikings!

And then there is the separate indigenous language spoken by Summoner's birth mother:  Saami, Sami, of Lapp.  It's origins are ancient and obscure.

On the other hand, from the perspective of outside, there are a lot of cultural similarities between the Nordic countries.  I would say that that is generally related to the geography, the Viking past, Lutheranism, and the strength of
organized labor and the social-democratic (labor)parties.

The closest thing to WAR in that region is when Finland and Sweden meet each other in ice hockey!!

That's exactly what i was looking for! thanks.

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
boanna
post Jun 2 2006, 06:58 PM
Post #42

OFFICIAL MODERATOR of the Board Moderators

Member No.: 14,038

irish, welsh, tons of little things, and 1/4 native american
+Quote Post
UncleBuck
post Jun 2 2006, 08:14 PM
Post #43

D Cup
Group Icon

Group: Moderator
Member No.: 14,012

QUOTE(boanna @ Jun 2 2006, 06:58 PM)
irish, welsh, tons of little things, and 1/4 native american

If you are 1/4 indian I can see why Custer lost......
I would like to put a "little scottish" in ya bang2.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
*100% of the shots you don't take don't go in.
Wayne Gretzky.

*Man with hand in pocket feel cocky all day.

*Egos are like dicks.
All men have one, but mine's bigger.
+Quote Post
evade20
post Jun 2 2006, 11:35 PM
Post #44

Melon Master

Member No.: 11,658

QUOTE(UncleBuck @ Jun 2 2006, 08:14 PM)
If you are 1/4 indian I can see why Custer lost......
I would like to put a "little scotish" in ya bang2.gif  tongue.gif

Yeah, Custer couldn't see over those hills! 22.gif

--------------------
"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it."
Ansel Adams

user posted image
user posted image

The state has no business in the bedrooms of the nation.

Pierre Elliott Trudeau
+Quote Post
summoner
post Jun 3 2006, 12:13 AM
Post #45

D Cup

Member No.: 12,313
Bra size (for females only): E and more

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 2 2006, 10:40 PM)
That's exactly what i was looking for! thanks.

I told you that Somfan would know it better than me wink.gif

--------------------

<3 RMM since 2005 <3

He is
He's the shining and the light without whom I cannot see
And he is
Insurrection, he is spite, he's the force that made me be
He is
Nostro dis pater, nostr' alma mater
He is
~Ghost~
+Quote Post
Vlad
post Jun 3 2006, 12:33 AM
Post #46

B Cup

Member No.: 5,301

Mother was full Romanian and Father was full British.

So I'm the half breed of 2 enemies.
+Quote Post
somfan
post Jun 3 2006, 01:56 AM
Post #47

Double D's

QUOTE(summoner @ Jun 2 2006, 09:13 PM)
I told you that Somfan would know it better than me wink.gif

Thanks for YOUR acknowledgement! smile.gif I feel like I should be contributing something to this wonderful website;I mean I don't really have much in the way of boobs. Otherwise, all I can do is voice my appreciation...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Isaac_Putin
post Jun 7 2006, 06:32 PM
Post #48

B Cup

Member No.: 13,864

QUOTE(closeup3 @ Jun 2 2006, 03:52 PM)

Before the advent of DNA, I think the above would be a valid answer. But now, we can (if we can afford it), trace our exact ethnic lineage. There was a story today about a Florida accountant who was confirmed via DNA to be related to Genghis Khan. I think I would want him representing me if I ever had to be audited by the IRS.

So, Closeup3, the most your parents and grandparents remembered about their distant origins was the American part of it? laughing-smiley-014.gif
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 7 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #49

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

Member No.: 11,695

QUOTE(Isaac_Putin @ Jun 7 2006, 06:32 PM)
Before the advent of DNA, I think the above would be a valid answer.  But now, we can (if we can afford it), trace our exact ethnic lineage.  There was a story today about a Florida accountant who was confirmed via DNA to be related to Genghis Khan.  I think I would want him representing me if I ever had to be audited by the IRS.

So, Closeup3, the most your parents and grandparents remembered about their distant origins was the American part of it?   laughing-smiley-014.gif

The problem with tracing closeup's lineage is you've got to trace back all his sequential families. it gets really confusing when trying to distinguish among his first cousin2, third cousin4, and third cousin twice removed2. And I don't even think it's appropriate to get into what happened between Great Grandma2 and Great Grandpa3. that sure was a fiasco. inlaws2 still hasn't forgiven them till this day!

--------------------
user posted image user posted image
Don't get all sensitive. That's what my wife does when she wants me to go out with my friends and drink beer.
Glad you're back; love your front
I'm Whoring for votes. Click here to vote Bobaloo!!! <----- That trick didn't work :(
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 7 2006, 06:38 PM
Post #50

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(Isaac_Putin @ Jun 7 2006, 04:32 PM)
Before the advent of DNA, I think the above would be a valid answer.  But now, we can (if we can afford it), trace our exact ethnic lineage.  There was a story today about a Florida accountant who was confirmed via DNA to be related to Genghis Khan.  I think I would want him representing me if I ever had to be audited by the IRS.

So, Closeup3, the most your parents and grandparents remembered about their distant origins was the American part of it?   laughing-smiley-014.gif

you can tace your lineage but if you go far enough back, you can be shown to be related to most everybody. Better explained here

And plus Genghis Khan was a genetic jackhammer, didn't he father half of Europe laughing-smiley-017.gif

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 7 2006, 06:42 PM
Post #51

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 7 2006, 06:38 PM)
you can tace your lineage but if you go far enough back, you can be shown to be related to most everybody. Better explained here

And plus Genghis Khan was a genetic jackhammer, didn't he father half of Europe  laughing-smiley-017.gif

ohmy.gif You scare me!!! I can't believe you just linked the straight dope. I think I've read every question on there at least twice. I even subscribe to the weekly email thing. Every day I am more and more convinced that you are the Canadian Bobaloo. Either that or you just stumbled upon the straight dope and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

--------------------
Don't get all sensitive. That's what my wife does when she wants me to go out with my friends and drink beer.
I'm Whoring for votes. Click here to vote Bobaloo!!! <----- That trick didn't work :(
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 7 2006, 07:02 PM
Post #52

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(Bobaloo @ Jun 7 2006, 04:42 PM)
ohmy.gif You scare me!!! I can't believe you just linked the straight dope.  I think I've read every question on there at least twice. I even subscribe to the weekly email thing.  Every day I am more and more convinced that you are the Canadian Bobaloo.  Either that or you just stumbled upon the straight dope and I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

yeah I am a trivia nerd too. I think because I like to know lots about everything, but I don't have the attention span to be an expert on any of it haha. I started checking out the Straight Dope back when they had a show on A&E years ago and then they moved to AOL and finally to the net. I like reading all the Straight Dope books and Imponderables and all those books of useless info.

Funny, I thought you were the American Gnappster.

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 7 2006, 07:08 PM
Post #53

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 7 2006, 07:02 PM)
yeah I am a trivia nerd too. I think because I like to know lots about everything, but I don't have the attention span to be an expert on any of it haha. I started checking out the Straight Dope back when they had a show on A&E years ago and then they moved to AOL and finally to the net. I like reading all the Straight Dope books and Imponderables and all those books of useless info.

Funny, I thought you were the American Gnappster.

I found the Web site a few years ago when I was looking for the answer to the "33" on the back of the rolling rock beer bottle.

random thought: do they offer AOL in Canada or is it COL?

Shameless need for attention: Okay, I thought this was a funny post and it got no play cuz we posted at the exact same time and it got lost. either that or it's not as funny as I thought it was.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 7 2006, 07:15 PM
Post #54

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(Bobaloo @ Jun 7 2006, 05:08 PM)
I found the Web site a few years ago when I was looking for the answer to the "33" on the back of the rolling rock beer bottle. 

random thought: do they offer AOL in Canada or is it COL?

Shameless need for attention: Okay, I thought this was a funny post and it got no play cuz we posted at the exact same time and it got lost.  either that or it's not as funny as I thought it was.

It's called AOL Canada here which doesn't seem to weird until you pronounce it as America Online Canada blink.gif

I did indeed miss that post and I laughed my ass off when I saw it. Don't forget Dirty_Uncle3.

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 7 2006, 07:25 PM
Post #55

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 7 2006, 07:15 PM)
It's called AOL Canada here which doesn't seem to weird until you pronounce it as America Online Canada  blink.gif

I did indeed miss that post and I laughed my ass off when I saw it. Don't forget Dirty_Uncle3.

I thought we weren't supposed to speak about dirty_uncle3 anymore blink.gif

AOL Canada... that's funny. I like how all these companies just slap the word "Canada" at the end of their product. like Sirius Canada. is there a Directv Canada or is it just regular old directv.

I'm going to start an Illinois-based company and sell my product out of state. I'll call it, Illinois Widgets - wisconsin

--------------------
+Quote Post
hott1976
post Jun 7 2006, 09:18 PM
Post #56

Double D's

Member No.: 9,243

i'm just Cute! LOL
+Quote Post
Bundy
post Jun 7 2006, 10:03 PM
Post #57

B Cup

Member No.: 9,613

QUOTE(hott1976 @ Jun 7 2006, 09:18 PM)
i'm just Cute!  LOL

and 100% Hott love-smiley-052.gif

--------------------
"Never take life too serious, you''ll never make it out alive"
+Quote Post
Gnappster
post Jun 7 2006, 11:22 PM
Post #58

Liquor and Whores

QUOTE(Bobaloo @ Jun 7 2006, 05:25 PM)
I thought we weren't supposed to speak about dirty_uncle3 anymore  blink.gif

AOL Canada... that's funny.  I like how all these companies just slap the word "Canada" at the end of their product. like Sirius Canada.  is there a Directv Canada or is it just regular old directv. 

I'm going to start an Illinois-based company and sell my product out of state.  I'll call it, Illinois Widgets - wisconsin

there is no Directv in Canada but you'll be happy to know there is AT&T Canada grinning-smiley-003.gif

QUOTE(hott1976 @ Jun 7 2006, 07:18 PM)
i'm just Cute!  LOL

guilty as charged

--------------------
user posted image

Watch THIS first!
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 8 2006, 09:45 AM
Post #59

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

QUOTE(hott1976 @ Jun 7 2006, 09:18 PM)
i'm just Cute!  LOL

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 7 2006, 11:22 PM)
guilty as charged

I hereby sentence you to 20 pic postings to be carried out on or before the 30th day of June 2006.

--------------------
+Quote Post
Bobaloo
post Jun 8 2006, 09:49 AM
Post #60

--o00o--O(_)O--o00o--

QUOTE(Gnappster @ Jun 7 2006, 11:22 PM)
there is no Directv in Canada but you'll be happy to know there is AT&T Canada  grinning-smiley-003.gif
guilty as charged

Ah, yes, AT&T, formerly SBC (southern Bell Company), formerly Ameritech, formerly known as <your midwest state> Bell.

Just so you know, AT&T stands for American Telephone & Telegraph. Canada must represent the Telegraph side of the company. confused-smiley-013.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th May 2024 - 04:50 PM